Monday, January 4, 2010

A New Year Already

I had wanted to start a blog and thought that the New Year would be a good time to start.  Here it is Day 4 in the New Year.  Where does the time go?

A thought came to me about the New Beginning of a decade.  I wanted to be able to share some of my ideas with you.  I hope that you will enjoy coming to this blog each day, as I hope that my words will open your eyes and hearts to the gifts that I find in my journey. I hope you will, in turn, share the gifts that you have found.

1/1/10:  Happy New Year!  Being an artist, I find my senses are open to experiencing so many of life's gifts.  Today, my family and I went to have brunch at Henrietta's Table in Cambridge, Ma.  When we first sat down, my husband said, "D, Look at the adorable girl in the next table."  She might have been 4 years old, wearing a beautiful black and white party dress.  Black velvet on the top attached to a white organza skirt.  What everyone saw next was her bright red shiny shoes.  She was on top of the world with her pretty dress and bright red shoes, that made her feet want to twirl.    I captured two important messages with this.  #1 My family knows what makes us all smile with delight.  #2 Having a beautiful dress and shiny shoes makes you want to twirl at any event.

It is through this that I thought of how I want my blog to be shared.  It is through our five most important gifts, our senses (see, hear, taste, touch and smell) that I want to share this new beginning of 2010 with you.

Feel free to share something that you saw that lighten your heart.
Tomorrow, find the beauty in Taste.

1 comment: