Monday, January 25, 2010

My Heart Beats

Waking up at 4 am to see the world around me being sprinkled with fresh white snow was not how I wanted to start my vacation.  Luckily for my husband and I, though there was only one runway open, we were able to leave the tundra within a few hours of our scheduled flight.
  Once we landed and saw the beauty of our destination, we were able to relax and enjoy the sights.  I saw, met and experienced so many wonderful things. 
 The one that struck me the most can be displayed by this statue in the heart of Key West.  This is how I felt vacationing with my husband. Larger than life.  The center of his attention.  Classy, elegant and special.  This is what our marriage is all about; the perfect dance partner.  A fairy tale with pages being written before our very eyes.  We share endless conversations, sprinkled with a lot of humor.  There is love and acknowledgement when we connect with our eyes.  We are blessed.


Hopefully, many of you have moments like these.  I would love to hear your larger than life moment.


I wrote this poem for my husband in July 2009.  After 24 years of marriage, my heart beats.
~~~
HEARTBEATS

I am sitting at the other end of the table.
I turn my head to hear what you have to say;
Your blue eyes penetrate my heart and soul.
I smile.
You catch my eye and smile in half sentence.
You are mine. I am yours.
My heartbeats.






1 comment:

  1. "This is how I felt vacationing with my husband. Larger than life. The center of his attention." :)
    I think it's really cute.
    and it makes me smile to know that there can be such wonderful things in this world^^

    ReplyDelete