Monday, March 22, 2010

A true friend shares.


In 1993, when we moved into our new home, my middle son had a friend, whose mother is so sweet.  One day she brought over some bleeding heart roots and lily of the valley.  


When you take something so beautiful out of your yard and pass it onto a friend, it is a true sign of life long friendship through the special gift of sharing.  Though the bleeding hearts did not survive, as I did not plant them in the most optimum location, the thought of the tender pink heart blossoms will stay in my memory forever.  


I took a stab at painting the bleeding hearts with watercolor, but I think I will go back and try the painting with acrylic.  I hope to achieve a softer blend to the petals.


I hope this spring or fall, you will share the gift of transplanting a bud from your garden to a friend's.   Please let me know if this is something that you have done in the past or plan to do in the future. 

3 comments:

  1. beautiful painting thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this painting! I'm curious to see how it comes out in acrylic.
    My sister once gave me a baby spider plant that grew and grew and almost took over my tiny apartment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this painting. When I think of bleeding hearts I think of a thin curved stem with tinier blossoms and frothier (almost like ferny thin leaves of lighter green) and the bough of hearts painted against a soft blue background. I remember my grammas and they seemed tinier in scope.
    This lovely vision seems a magnified view.
    I'm anxious to see the the acrylic too.

    ReplyDelete