Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Bit of History

My girlfriends and I went to visit one of our friends that had moved away from our town.  She lives about an hours drive towards the northern part of Massachusetts in the famous town of Salem, where it is known for the witch hunt in the late 19th century.  I was intrigued by the door and the sign that was on her home.  It always amazes me at the history behind a home, such as this.  


Here is the sign that is near the front door. Think of all of the history that is behind those doors.  The other amazing thing was the good feeling that I got when I first walked up to the house.  Notice, the front door and the beautiful cottage lace decorations around the frame.  Come to find out that the door on the house is one of the doors that has been photographed for a  poster called "The Doors of Salem."  


We had a wonderful visit.  Our friend made a delicious lunch and the afternoon passed by so quickly.  The most important thing that I saw and felt was the love that she had for her new home, the town and the people that she has met.  


I thought about how we have a bit of history as friends and how our children spent a great deal of time with each other.  I also smiled at the thought of how she has moved to a town with a great deal of history and will part of the continuing history to this lovely home.  


Do you live in a home of historic value or do you know of someone who does?  

No comments:

Post a Comment