Monday, March 22, 2010

The Magic of the Ocean

As we begin to talk about finding a place to retire to, I have been on a slow journey in discovering what I love and need in my surroundings.

As an artist, I  know that I need the visuals of water and greenery. I have a passion of the ocean and lakes that surround our states.  I find being able to see or be near water is very soothing to my soul.

Living in Massachusetts with the four season has spoiled us to enjoying the variety of plants and greenery in various stages.  I marvel at the most simple of things, such as a new bud on my magnolia tree, rows of flower beds in a garden, the colors of the leaves in Autumn, the oak tree  branches with a light layer of snow.

Are there environmental qualities that you need in your surroundings?

I would love to hear what visuals you love in the area that you live in.

3 comments:

  1. It's really soothing.

    There is nothing as calming and serene like watching the sun rise over the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the unbroken horizon of the water, the vastness of the ocean or a mountain range. It makes me and my problems feel so small in comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As long as I have sunshine I'm happy! But yes, sunshine and your beach would be close to heaven!

    ReplyDelete